Monday, August 22, 2011

Growing Pains

  I always loved that show. :)  There is nothing like a little Kirk Cameron and Tracey Gold!  Im not really sure what quite spurred that thought...other than I feel like thats what our whole family and our little business has been going through recently. My son Nate is 7, and started 2nd grade...he is growning like a weed and always complaining about leg pain. My husband is away at school right now, and I am adjusting to dealing with bills and all the busy day to day stuff that we have not had to deal with before now -- all on my own...my daughter broke her arm this week...fun times.  After moving here and being so glad to be close to my Mom again after nearly 5 years of being halfway around the world from her, and to be able to work on our business as a team for once...she decided to move to work on her marriage (thats a whole nother story) so here I am working to improve, revamp and now pretty much run it all by myself.  That my friends, is Growing Pains...pain in the butt and pain in the neck...LOL!!!
  But, its moving right along!  I decided to upgrade our space at the antique mall...from a tiny booth to one nearly double the size.  I took a full day and cleaned, painted, moved, and set up our new space...and it looks AMAZING.  Im so happy that people can actually walk in and look around in there versus just peeking in. There is plenty of space to separate boutique items and little girlie things from our vintage stuff...and they blend quite nicely.  It makes me really excited about the later half of this year and what the Holiday season will bring for us. 
  Change is tough, and yes, sometimes it hurts.  But, I guess the point of it all is when its all said and done, it makes the end result that much sweeter.  Things will get easier...my son will grow, my husband will be home (and I should just be thankful that he is away for school and not deployed again), and my mom will get her act together before she is 70...HAHAHAHA!!!  You dont know what you are capable of until you are pushed out to that limit...and you dont fall. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment